Thursday, October 10, 2013

One Year.

October 1, 2012

On October 1, 2012, I was a 20something woman who always, always, always joked about how out of shape she was. People told me that I should play basketball (because of her height), but I always joked and said that I would be no good due to the fact that I was afraid of the ball!
On October 1, 2012, I was a gluten-free eater. I ate a lot of GF pastas, like a lot of people, and made lots of Lean Cuisine chicken meals (yes, there was one Lean Cuisine that was gluten-free!). I constantly ran to the grocery store and bought my daily meal, not thinking about much more than that.
On October 1, 2012, I had been drinking Shakeology for a month. I was feeling incredible and wondered how far I could run with this feeling, both literally and figuratively.
On October 1, 2012, I decided to stop living as the sum of my excuses. I decided that I was sick of being out of shape. I made a goal to run just one mile by December 25, 2012. On November 1, 2012... I ran two.  On December 23, 2012...I ran three.
On October 1, 2012, I changed my life in countless ways. Within a week of beginning my exercise journey, I had a personal revelation: I was ready to return to graduate school. I found energy and passion and a direction that I had been longing for, and so I began to apply for a graduate degree that I always felt was best for me (but was afraid to reach for it).
On October 1, 2012, I began to consider making a gluten-free blog. "There are countless blogs out there," I thought, "why would anyone read mine?"


October 1, 2013
On October 1, 2013, I have finished a 10k race.
On October 1, 2013, I am a graduate student in a fabulous program, making fabulous friends.
On October 1, 2013, I have lost 8 inches off of my waist, hips, and thighs. I haven't lost much weight but have gained incredible muscle that I am so proud of.
On October 1, 2013, I am in the process of getting my teeth and jaw fixed through braces and upcoming oral surgery. (This was something I have NEVER had the courage to do.) 
On October 1, 2013, I am engaged and planning a wedding to my best friend.
On October 1, 2013, I am a Beachbody Coach. My fiancé and I are both coaches and help many people lead healthier, happier lives. As a result, he and I have bigger dreams to create and build and live than I ever thought possible. Honest.
In the span of one year, fitness, health, and overall wellness has transformed my life into something I NEVER dreamed for myself. While you may doubt that all of these things are connected to making a goal of running one mile, they are. I have learned over the course of just one year that we are the sum of daily, repeated, seemingly small actions. Those actions are adding value to others as well as eating one extra serving of vegetables. Even my braces are a result of this compound effect.


What can being truly healthy do for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment